Friday, August 31, 2018

Day 29: Tiny house Tiny movement - Why we decided to down grade and live small...



(I posted this in the past on my other blog and thought it is still how I feel and still related on us dreaming to live in a Van/RV.)

I grew up poor living in a very tiny space that we rented out. I dream of owning a home just like the photo above (dont know the owner of this photo). My mom is a single mom raising 3 kids on her own, we'll be lucky if we get to eat 3x a day and if we have money to spend the next day. Despite this, I never see or feel less of a person. Instead, I am happy that I have a home to live and that i have a family, though without a dad, I still have a family to call my own. I used to volunteer as a child in places like orphanage and other places and I see the areas I should be happy about in life. 

Now that I have my own family and have lived in a bigger house, I realized that happiness of the family doesn't rely on how big the house is or how much stuff you have BUT instead the quality of life we are sharing together. I told my husband that when we moved I would like to have a tiny home where we don't have to spend so much money to keep up, decorate, maintain and worry about. I would like a small house that we can call a home (even if its an RV, Cargo van or just our van). Every day I am realizing that stuff will never make me happy but the memories we are sharing does. 

Now our home doesnt have much. We have a tv but we hardly watch on it other than the news or when my boys wanted to play games or movie nights. We hardly eat out coz I like to cook and save and It is more fun when we get together and eat and don't worry about my kids screaming or making a mess or making others uncomfy while they are eating. I can see my kids often coz we don't have so many rooms that they can roam around and we can see each other often.

More and more, I am seeing why others are wanting to live small and be part of tiny home movement coz there is more to it than a small home. You don't have to worry about paying your mortgage so high every month, maintenance is little or hardly at all, utilities is so minimal. Less clothes and clutter. More savings and more time to enjoy your time doing something else beside budgeting or cleaning the mess. It will also allow you to finally save for that travel you are dreaming for so long.
I know I am all for saving BUT I love to travel and I love making memories, beside we don't have to spend so much to go places. We have so many amazing state parks that we can explore and then camp if we have to stay for a night or two.

Living small doesn't mean small but BIG in so many ways. It is liberating and makes you appreciate what really matters.

How about you? Are you thinking to down size as well?

Would love to hear your thoughts.
Take care!

Remember Life Is Short... Explore. Dream. Discover.

free, freebie, freebies, giveaway, free coupons, free printable coupons, savings, how to save, sweepstakes, religion, politics, bank, financial advisor, snl, funny, home buyer, loan, mortgage, interest rate, rate, trump, fha, 30 years loan, loan, rising rate, foreclosure, lender, mortgage calculator, home, housing, first time home buyer, buying home, questions to ask, how to, what is 2017 interest rate, housing rate, inauguration, women's march, free tax filing, donald trump, protest, anti-trump protest, protest, kelly clarkson, anna farris, 2017, potus, w2, how to file tax, obamacare, repeal, aca, affordable care act, texas, what to do, what is the best, how to, things to do, parenting, blogging, social media, instagram, twitter, facebook, vine, account, bank, what is, how to fix, state parks, direction, restaurant, jesus, hell, catholic, jew, brexit, how to blog, stay at home mom, how to earn money at home, rv, car, new home, new car, baby, milestone, pregnancy, baby milestones, wikileaks, wikipedia, weather, free calculator, learn online, online tools, tools, board meeting, discount airfares, best hotel, travel, tiny homes, trailer homes, recipe,  funny videos, what to wear, quote, quote of the day, utility, job, looking for job, date site
alternative facts, facts, merriam webster, kellyanne conway,  #resist, #alternativefacts #stopMuslimBan free tax filing, SCOTUS, Bannon, Obama, Russian hack, George Bush, #RussiaTrump #RussiaGate, phishing, scam, phishing scam, comey, michael flynn, EPA, climate change, free magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment