Thursday, August 30, 2018

Day 28: Learning how to be self sufficient. Why it is important to learn how to do things on your own.


Day 28: Learning how to be self sufficient. After 2 weeks of not having a table to dine with, I decided to build one myself (technically 2 lol) 😊 

I wanted to learn and be able to do stuff with my own hands, when we build our RV or convert our cargo van - I want to see my own works inside. 
My tables are not great but I feel great every time I see them ❤



I got this cube seat/storage at Costco for $10 each and I thought this will be great for the van when you go camping coz I can store our clothes (one per cube) and we can use this as our seat as well. 

We have been wanting to build a booth in our kitchen but have no time for one yet so I decided to put this cube there and build me a table from hubby's wood scraps. Took me forever coz my 3yo decided he can build with me too. I like that we can use this for now and enjoy eating while viewing birds and squirrels outside.

I always wanted to learn how to build stuff or just plain learning new things. Last week I have learned how tiling works and how to put grout on it.




In the process I learned what I can and cannot do, adjust the things that I think will work better than the normal one and learned how to be patient.


I have learned a lot and though there are times that I get really frustrated, I realized that it is best to let go and just enjoy the time while doing it.


I also learned how to remove carpet the quick and easy way. I think the hardest part was removing all the furnitures and all the junk we have at home. I am cleaning little by little and now willing to let go of the stuff that we don't use or don't really matter if we have it or not.

I figure if we will live our lives in the road, it is best to just bring what we NEED and not carry the stuff that will clutter not only our RV (or whatever it will be) but as well as our well being. The less we have the MORE we appreciate what we have.

I am very excited once we really start have our own RV (or converted cargo van) coz I want to be part of the process of redoing it. This little things I am doing now will definitely help me when that times comes. Now I need to learn how to install solar panels and make our Van off grid :)

Thanks for being here.

Remember Life is Short... Explore. Dream. Discover.




No comments:

Post a Comment