Wednesday, August 29, 2018

REVIEW - Day 27: What is the BEST Phone service for Mobile HotSpot Tethering while on the road, camping, RVing or living your life in a Van or always on the Go. TMobile vs Verizon



It's Day 27 and today I am going to let you know What is the BEST Phone service for Mobile HotSpot Tethering while on the road, camping, RVing or living your life in a Van or always on the Go. Is it TMobile OR Verizon?

This post is based solely on our experience. Hubby have Verizon and I have the TMobile Plan. Hubby have the unlimited plan with 20GB hotspot ($100/month plus tax) while I have the TMobile ONE Unlimited 55+ (photo below on what it covers) Plan ($70/mo with auto payment + monthly payment of the selected phone you chose - price varies depends on the kind)


If you live in the city or an area where there are lots of Cell Tower (not much of trees preferably) then you won't have problem using a TMobile mobile phone service nor data BUT tethering/hotspot can be laggy/slow. We were in San Antonio last month and I used my phone as a hotspot so I can post on my blog and it takes me 20 minutes to post a small blog with little photos on it. On the other hand, when I used hubby's Verizon hotspot I am blogging like I normally do when I am at home.


If you do a lot of blogging, vlogging or watching online on your phone then I highly recommend having Verizon as your mobile provider. I know they are pricey for $100+/mo for their "Above Unlimited Plan" BUT you know you are getting your money's worth for it. If working on the road is what you do, then you don't want a laggy connection. We have tried this when we did a lot of camping and have hubby work at the same time and it is not a problem on his Verizon while on my TMobile it is a hit and miss situation. If a slow connection is not a problem and you are not in a rush on blogging something then TMobile is for you. It is pretty close of being reliable and my kids still enjoy watching Youtube or Netflix while on the road. I can have them enjoy 8 hrs of online watching while we go on a road trip and I am only using at least 2GB of my 20GB hotspot. For $70/month for 2 lines that is quite a steal! This plan is only applicable if you are 55+ and above. You can get TMobile basic unlimited for $60/mo while TMobile One $70/mo. So make sure you take advantage of their special offer if you are 55+ or in Military.

The Verdict - VERIZON!!! If i have the money then I will go for Verizon knowing I won't have problem wherever I go (unless it is extremely secluded and there is hardly no Cell Service in the area (You can still get 3G in most cases). Remember this is based on our experienced. We've been to a lot of mountains and secluded camping sites and this is what we have learned.

Thanks for being here.

Remember Life is Short... Explore. Dream. Discover.





No comments:

Post a Comment