Monday, August 20, 2018

Day 21: Planning our Fall scenic drive to Colorado + Figuring how we are making our Vanping work this time.



#2KidsInApod 
Day 21: Woke up early this morning and I am so excited coz I am finally feeling that fall breeze, The cool breeze and the birds chirping happily is definitely a great way to start my day.  

Fall is always my favorite season and I can't wait to have our Fall Scenic Drive soon. We are debating if we should drive to Colorado or California to see RedWood Forest National Park next month BUT I think we made up our mind and decided to stay a week in Colorado to enjoy the Scenic Drive and the fall camping. 

I am most excited to see the Aspen trees changing colors. I am fascinated about them and their story (that they are all ONE tree despite how many trees you see coz there is only ONE mother tree and the rest are part of her roots - at least that is what I understand) I also love their leaves and their trunks so this is going to be one amazing trip (I hope).

I remember the first time I came here in US, Our first real CARping (we have a Mazda 3 hatchback then and it was perfect for us and our dog - now we can't make that happen with 2 kids and a dog lol) was Fall in Blue Ridge Parkway in NC. That was one of the best experience I ever had. The fall foliage is almost so surreal - it felt like I am living inside a painting. 
It became our tradition that we go up there every year and I thank my husband for always taking his time to make it possible. Roaming in Downtown Ashville and having to enjoy different food out there is another treat. Definitely a MUST stop if you are there.

I am already planning to build a "chuck box" for all our kitchen necessities, I saw a few plan in Pinterest and I am hoping we can make it before the trip since we are mostly staying in the van and camping throughout the trip.
We are also planning to put an awning to our van so we can enjoy outdoors more if we decided to sleep in the van. I already have the parts, just need to build it.
Hopefully our #Vanping this time is more comfy for all of us haha.

Looking for recommendations - Where to hike and camp to best see the Aspen Trees in Colorado and what are the best times to be there.


Thanks for being here.

Remember Life is Short... Explore. Dream. Discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment