Friday, August 3, 2018

Day 14: Places to Go and Things to do at Gruene, Texas



It's Day 14 of our adventure! Today we drove to Gruene, Texas after a week stay at Floresville, TX (that little town is so little there is hardly anything to do other than relax the whole time at the hotel - luckily I am in so much need of rest due to back pain so that is really a good thing being able to just do little and listen to my kids screaming and fighting all the time lol).

Photo above shows a bit information of the town, it is a very neat town and we love all the cool stuff you can do around here. 


The first stop we did was go to the Gruene Hall. If you know and have watched the movie "Michael" by John Travolta you will know what this place is. It's pretty cool to see it in person and see parts of the movie I enjoyed watching with hubby long time ago.


Love this photo of me and my little one, it depicts the fact that we are always on the move and constantly looking for stuff to do whether at home or anywhere we are.



Next stop, Gristmill River Restaurant & Bar! I have to say this is one of our favorite restaurant we stop by on our trips here in US. The location is super nice, the servers are super friendly and the food are fresh, delish and reasonable price for a tourist spot. I had onion rings and they are so good (a bit salty for my taste but still very good) they are huge portion and finishing 3 pieces is already enough to make me full. I wish I get to try the stuffed jalapeno though, they look so yummy from afar (lol, I watched the table in front of us enjoy them haha)


While waiting for our food, my eldest made this cute happy faces cup! They represent our family and how we feel right now. We don't usually splurge on dining out but in times like this it is well worth it. I have to admit this cup is super cute and makes me feel so happy. 


After a great meal, it is a great idea to walk around the area. There are so many cute shops and so much to do (so little time). If you love to shop and see unique stuff this is definitely a place for you to explore. I think the whole day is good enough to enjoy the shopping and the nature trail (river float adventure) oh and if you are into wine tasting, they also have vineyard and places to try local wines here too. It's a well thought place and we enjoyed it a lot.

Photo above is the bridge we walk through (and where my phone end up cracking coz my little one decided to run in the curve and I just have to stop him and my phone just said adios!)


At the end of the bridge you get to enjoy this cool river. Very clean and lots of bass fish. You can rent the rivet float/boat and enjoy the rest of your day relaxing. We didn't get to do it coz they prefer a walk in the trail and see some other stuff. But the place I mention looks very busy and looks like everyone is having so much fun.



This photo is taken in front of the "Gruene Mansion Inn - Bed & Breakfast" from outside it looks very neat and clean. I told hubby I would love to stay there someday. I think lodging is not a problem in the area coz they have so many around the town as well as RV parks.



After a long walk in the town, we drove about 15-20 miles to go to Southern Guadalupe Trail next to Canyon Lake.

If you are in the area, this is a great place to go to do a short trail and enjoy the river as well as the very clear lake. The river water is very cold though but the lake is nice and warm. Make sure you stop by and enjoy the rest of the day.

One of the highlight of our adventure of the day is seeing an armadillo enjoying a day out digging for food and just having fun outside. Another highlight is hearing my kids saying how much they love our day out and how beautiful it was being outdoors.

Thanks for being here.

Remember Life is Short... Explore. Dream. Discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment