Thursday, August 2, 2018

Day 13: The importance of spending your time with kids/family now. Why we think #VanLife is the way to make it happen.



It's Day 13! We are out of town spending quality time with the kids while making sure hubby is still working at the same time. Today, we went out as soon as hubby got back at the hotel and find a play area that the boys can enjoy. In a small town like this, it is not easy to find. We have to drive 20 miles to find a decent place and it is worth it. We get to see this boys just enjoy each others company and get to meet some other kids too. I sure wish I can capsulate this moment and remind them how they look at each other with love and with so much happiness. I know they are only kids once and as hard as it may be coz I know they will grow up too fast - I want to make sure that we enjoy every moment as much as possible.

Yesterday, I was talking with a dear friend on the phone. Her kids are all grown up and now starting their own lives working and living life on their own. She told me how hard it is coz now their time talking to her and telling her their stories are very limited. They can't see each other as often as they did in the past coz now they have a job they need to work and vacation is not as much as they wished it is.

This makes me thinking, do we have to wait longer and make this goal a few years from now or just go do it! At home, we are always doing something and not getting much time to spend with them. The next thing I know it is already night time and it is time to sleep, I feel bad that I didn't even get a chance to play more with them and make them feel they hold most of my precious time. Having said this, I remember what we did last year - how we spent 3 weeks hardly no gadgets and just being together exploring, enjoying and learning from each other. I want that moment! I want to make sure that we get to spend more time with them before it's too late and they have to go away and live their own lives. I tease my friend and my hubby that, one best part of RVing is that when the kids gets in college and have their working places, we can just park outside and then have lunch or dinner with them right inside our RV - what a great idea right? My kids always tell me that they will always live close to us but part of me is telling that when the "right moment" comes, this will change and they will have to live far like most kids do. I may sound crazy or too selfish as a mom but for me NOW is the time that I get to spend more time with them - with or without RV, I want to make sure that I can make it happen and have my kids remembers all this precious time together.

Like I always said.... Life is short. Explore. Dream. Discover.




No comments:

Post a Comment