Monday, July 23, 2018

Day 6: The meal! How to make it work using $50/wk budget feeding 4 while on the road.



Day 6: The meal! How to make it work using $50/wk budget feeding 4 while on the road. Back in our normal life (just living our lives in our home) I get to plan & make our $50/week meal budget work. Please don't confuse our budget counting the other stuff we need at home. This $50/week is mainly for food/meal alone. You can read my blog post about "How I Manage to Budget $50 per Week on Groceries" to give you an idea. 

Today, my thoughts are all over the place wondering if I can still do the same. Here in TX we don't pay taxes for food & I know this is not the case in different states. I remember when we went to California last year for our 2 weeks camping at Yosemite, it cost more than our 2 months of our budget so this is going to be a tough one for me.

My family loves my cooking, though they said they are not picky when it comes to food - they are definitely the kind that will NOT eat the same stuff over and over again the whole day. I do cook 3x a day and sometimes more depends if they want a snack in between. So part of me is brain storming on how I can make them happy and not give up my budget.



One of the stuff I realized is I can make different soup just like this one. We love Chinese hotpot and every time we go out to eat one it always cost us almost $100 and that is just too much. This one I made probably cost us less that $10 for 4 big bowls. I made the broth but cheated on the hotpot sauces. I finally found the ONE that brings us back when we used to live in China. Hubby even says it brings so much great & fun memories. So my plan is bring a few packet of this sauce and bring with us so we don't have to eat outside and spend too much. I also need to figure out how to keep my vegetable plants growing in the RV (I will be searching Pinterest and see if & how others make it happen). Beside soups, I think I can make different tacos. This is the cheapest so far since I make my own flour tortilla and the meats goes forever (they freezes so well too). Anyway, that is what Pinterest is for right? I don't need to bring all my cookbooks - just need internet haha.

Our goal is to enjoy life and have new experience - from nature, people or situation. I honestly think it is still possible to stick to my $50/week budget, I just need to plan it smarter and make sure I have a good pantry area in the RV to make it happen lol.

Thanks for being here, I would love to hear from you and your recipes too. 

Remember Life is Short... Explore. Dream. Discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment