Wednesday, December 26, 2018

REVIEW - Initial use of my Rad Power Bikes Rad Wagon (review coming from a family who borrowed money to get this baby) Are they worth $1799



We've been wanting a Rad Power Bikes for 3 years now and we did a lot of reviews and contemplating. I told hubby all I want for Christmas is a RadWagon, knowing this is all I wanted early 2018, we waited to buy this on Cyber Monday when they usually give a great discount. I got a RadWagon and my son got the RadMini  since we are planning to do a lot of adventures with our planned #VanLife and #VanLifeAdventures. Anyway, so we got this on sale and have a total discount of $900 for both (I suggest that if you are not in a hurry to get this bikes you do the same and wait for the Cyber Monday and get a good discount - IF you can WAIT)


Yesterday (Christmas 2018) we unwrapped this baby and the RadMini (not pictured coz my son is not yet comfy using it on his own. Hubby uses his Velocifero Electric Scooter video will be uploaded on our youtube channel soon to compare the two).

The cool this is that, both bikes comes almost pre-assembled and you just need to put some parts. I think it took less than an hour to put the RadWagon and have it all ready for riding. The battery came in pre-charged almost like 90% so that is really sweet coz we get to ride them instantly. Will post detailed video review once we get the chance. 


It is our tradition to go to a park or ride our bike on Thanksgiving and Christmas day. Anywhere we go this is a MUST and we need to make sure the kids gets to enjoy them. Yesterday we get to enjoy both. We rode this RadWagon for 10 miles around The Woodlands Bike Trail and the top speed I got (less trying) was 22 miles/hr. I have both kids in the back so you can imagine the miles per hour will get better if you have less cargo in the bike.

I get to ride on it up hill coz we need to cross the bridge to get to the park and since I am new to it I kinda struggle with a stiff road (I almost tip over when I stop on the curve to get to the bridge coz it is a tight turn - will try to take a video in the same spot so you get the idea much better). 

Anyway, riding the hill towards the bridge (imagine the roads in San Francisco) is very tricky with 2 kids in the back. I am not sure how the gears works yet so probably that's one of the cause why the RadWagon struggle. Like I said, this is my initial ride of my RadWagon and didn't really study how the gears work yet. The kids and I are all excited to test drive it and we just use what is comfy for me.

It is a lot of fun for sure and so far I am loving my Ebike. I am hoping that the debt we go through to get this bikes are worth it coz if not I will be one unhappy momma lol. 

PS
Rad Power Bikes offer an easy monthly payment if you can't afford them like we do. We did not use the offer coz we use a balance transfer to our credit card instead (we just put all the expenses we have for December to one big balance transfer to make it easy to remember and pay off - i hope!)

Let us know if you have any questions and we will try to answer it as knowledgable as we can and will also include it on our YouTube videos.


See our video here:

We would love it if you will subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment