Friday, December 14, 2018

Easy recipe for Pico de Gallo (Fresh Salsa recipe)


I have been making this recipe since 2004 while we live in China. Hubby loves Mexican food and it is not easy to find International store to get the bottled salsa so I decided to google and find me something that might work.

This is the basic recipe for Pico de Gallo (some of my friends in China called it Fresh salsa) and I sometimes tweak it by adding the "optional ingredients" posted below. 

What I love about this recipe is that - it is very easy to make, I can top it on fried fish or meat (not just limited to Mexican dish), I can top it on my fresh salad and I can plant all this ingredients in our tiny garden (no garden - no problem all this are easy to get on your local store)

Ingredients:
  • 2 medium size Roma tomatoes (diced) you can use different kind of tomatoes for as long as it will yield half cup
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp diced onion (preferably red onion)
  • 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno (fresh or pickled or both)
  • 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
  • salt to taste
  • 1/4 tsp lemon juice (more or less depends on your taste)
  • 1 tbsp chopped red bell pepper (optional)
  • 1 tbsp chopped green bell pepper (optional)
Optional Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup grilled/roasted/fried corn kernels (I sometimes used canned corn)
  • 1/4 cup black beans
  • 1/4 cup diced avocado
Mixed all ingredients and serve!

ps
this goes perfect with my Piri-Piri Chicken recipe





No comments:

Post a Comment