Thursday, July 26, 2018

Day 9: The search is on for the Best RV for the family. Questions to answer before buying a RV. Pro's and Con's of RV size - does it really matter?!

#2KidsInApod

Today is one of the most exciting day for the whole family coz we get to go to a RV shop and look around, get an idea & have the feeling of being there. With the Texas heat looking around is not the best idea but I think this two is not minding how hot it is going from RV to another.

After checking a few (new and old). I think the boys are leaning towards the newer model and the bigger one. This one is their favorite I think. It is a 36', have a very homey feeling and definitely have lots of storage for a family of four who are thinking of living full time in RV.



I have to say that I love what it looks and what it offers. I don't like the price tag though, it is way more than what I have in mind and I am not sure if its worth it. My plan is get a used one that is not going to put us in forever debt and be able to enjoy our lives. BUT with others going to be part of the decision and looks like they are all wanting the same - I am not sure if I am going to win this battle.



Just look how happy my boys are...


and how my eldest is already checking every area of this RV.





I tried to explain to them that we have to consider the kind of RV living we will do. With what I have in mind - the bigger RV is not going to make it easy. I told them that most State & National parks have limit on how big RVs are. I remember last year when we were in Grand Canyon, the maximum length was 28' so we are more than what they ask for. Some parks limit it to 30' so I'd rather give up storage and space to be able to be in places we want to explore. We can all downsize everything and just bring what we NEED. I prefer an minimalistic lifestyle now anyway. Beside the gas price will be so expensive. The bigger/longer it is - the expensive it gets.

I also explain to my son that we also have to consider the fact that we would love to travel not just US and the size of the RV will definitely going to be an issue if we decide to make that happen in the future.  Not really sure if my reasonings are good enough BUT I want them to take consideration the Pro's & Con's coz I don't want to be in debt knowing it is not something that we really want to have.

I wonder how others end up to the RV they have and if they end up regretting their decisions in the end. I sure don't want to have any regrets - I just want to have fun, make memories with my family specially with my kids & live our life to the fullest.

Anyway, we are just in the search process & though my kids already thinks they already found the ONE - I still think that we need to spend our time thinking and weighing things out a bit longer.

Thanks for being here & I would love to hear your thoughts.

Remember Life is Short... Explore. Dream. Discover.






No comments:

Post a Comment