Monday, February 25, 2019

#RECIPE Jianbing How to make Jianbing from home - Easy step by step Famous Chinese street food 煎饼 煎餅


#Jianbing #ChineseFood #ChineseStreetFood #StreetFood

Jianbing (simplified Chinese: 煎饼; traditional Chinese: 煎餅; pinyin: jiānbǐng; literally: 'fried pancake") is a traditional Chinese street food similar to crepes. It is a type of bing generally eaten for breakfast and hailed as "one of China's most popular street breakfasts."

We lived in China for 5 years and have spent 2 years of that in Beijing. Jianbing is one of those Chinese food that we missed since we moved to US (beside hot pot of course lol). I have been wanting to make this food for so long but not sure if it’s gonna give me the same authentic flavor we love and enjoy.


Now I am happy that we don’t have to miss this food anymore because I can finally make it from home any time of the day 😜

It is best to use cast iron pan but a nonstick will do too.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup flour (I used Korean pancake mix here)
1 cup water 
1 egg
1/4 tsp bean sauce 
1/4 tsp hoisin sauce 
1/4 tsp chili garlic sauce 
1/2 tbsp chopped green onions 
1/2 tbsp cilantro 
1 strip (1/2 inch width) fried flour tortilla or fried pizza dough for more authentic flavor and crunch. I used the pork skin here because I am experimenting and have realized I would stick with my fried tortilla 😜




Let us know how’s yours turned out.
Thank you for watching.
We would love your support. Please SUBSCRIBE ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment