Thursday, January 31, 2019

How gadget is affecting US as humans and why we need to travel more than ever...



I meant to post this 2 days ago but with all the stuff that is going on, I have been neglecting this blog and a lot of stuff that needs my attention.


It's one hectic day but I figure it will be nice to surprise my eldest and bring him his favorite soy miso ramen with BBQ Charsiu POrk and some fish balls for lunch. 
We are not yet full time VanLife family (most of our trips are to go visit family and friends and or mostly for VanLife Adventures) so my son still needs to go to school. We are planning to Van school him after this school year though so it's gonna be one crazy (hopefully amazing) adventure for all of us.

Anyway, the look in his face sure makes all the hard work so worth it. I know I don't get to see him at lunch time often and he didn't even know I am showing up. So my plan works lol.



That day I also witness family (sometimes families) who comes to see their child but spend 90% of their 30 minutes looking to their phone instead of spending time or #BeInTheMoment with their love ones. I am no innocent and I try not to judge but that look to that child face just breaks my heart. He keeps looking at his parents but they are both so busy with their phone. 

I know in this time and day, we are mostly occupied by gadgets and we rarely spend quality time with those we love and care. 
Sometimes I wonder if this is the future that is out there. It looks to be sad and superficial. Makes me wonder also maybe this cause more depressions, suicides and conflicts in this world.

This reality gives me more reason to travel with my family. You know when we are in our van, it may be very small and feels cramped most of the time. But when we are there - we are family. We go places. Explore and BE IN THE MOMENT. The only time we use gadget is to take videos or photos or when I am about to cook and the kids are all tired playing all day outside and we need that quiet moment and they get to use their gadget. 
Not having internet also limits their usage of it and just think of something else to do as brothers.

Technology is great don't get me wrong. I get to convey my feelings and connect with others through here BUT don't use this as an excuse to be occupied all the time.

Please, spend quality time with your family or friends. 

Life is too short... Don't wait til it's too late to realize it.


No comments:

Post a Comment