Tuesday, December 11, 2018

REVIEW - Lodge Pro-Logic 12 Inch Square Cast Iron Griddle is the Best pan griddle for everyday use, Van Life and camping.



I bought my Lodge Pro-Logic 12 Inch Square Cast Iron Griddle from Amazon last April 27, 2018 and I have been using this pan almost everyday. Despite it's weight (7.33 lbs) I bring this griddle every where we go - Camping, Van Life, Road trip, fishing!!! I love that I can use it no matter what kind of meal I am cooking. It is such a huge help for me in breakfast specially coz I can cook a LOT of bacon and still have space for my eggs. I get to make toast even if we are out camping.

It is very versatile coz I get to grill/pan fry a whole fish and we get to enjoy a steak even without a grill.

I have been making my fresh flour tortilla, pancakes, Jianbing (a Chinese breakfast famous in Beijing), pita bread, quesadilla, grilled or oven made pizza and so much more. 






This is my go-to pan for most of the dish I make. 

The Lodge Pro-Logic 12 Inch Square Cast Iron Griddle arrived pre-seasoned BUT I rinse it first with water, wiped it dry and put some shortening (any fat or oil will do) and baked it in the oven for awhile to make sure it is seasoned the way I want it to.

As you can see from my photo is it seasoned well now. What I love about the cast iron pan is that it gets better over time, they will last a lifetime if you know how to take care of them, they don't omit harmful fumes when heated (unlike those non-stick pans) and lastly they are made in USA.

A must have in your kitchen. Highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment