Sunday, August 26, 2018

Day 25: Why The Woodlands, Texas is the perfect place for the family, couple, retirement and anybody who loves nature.


Day 25: Why The Woodlands, Texas is the perfect place for the family, couple, retirement and anybody who loves nature.

3 Years ago we are informed that we can pick our new place to call our home. The states to pick from was Kentucky, Missouri, Colorado or Texas. Coming from North Carolina I am skeptical of picking another cold place so I told my husband if he wants a cold place it needs to be Colorado because I want to be close to nature. I told him I really don't want to move to another cold state because I belong to the tropical one lol. After so much debating and pros and cons we decided it is time to check Texas and see if this is the ONE.

We drove from North Carolina and checked different areas out here. With just 3 days to drive around we only get to see a few areas like Pearland, Sugarland, Clear Lake and The Woodlands. I did so much research and told my husband I want to spend the whole day just driving around The Woodlands, Texas (this is after checking out the places I already mention above). I have to say this is the closest place that reminds me of North Carolina. As a matter of fact The Woodlands have more trees than the area we used to live in NC.

The Woodlands Texas have this resort, tourist, nature feeling on it. 



Every day we get to enjoy riding our bikes or just plain walking on The Woodlands Trails and pathways. The trails connects the whole The Woodlands area which is super cool. There are more than 160 miles of pathways and trails that connects The Woodlands villages, school, parks and shopping centers.


Today we rode our bikes for 2 hours, despite the Texas heat it is still very nice to be outside and enjoy. I love seeing the some of the trees changing colors already and some getting ready to be part of the Fall season. 

If you love to play golf, The Woodlands Texas have them too. I think they are one of the Best here in Texas. That is why I think this is a great place to retire. They have so many things to do here. I will have all night writing them.



The Woodlands Texas have parks every where. The kids and adults can definitely enjoy them because they have basketball and tennis court and in some areas they even have beach volley ball areas. I think there are few big parks in every village and there are small ones for the kids in less than 5 minutes drive.



Our Bikes and electric scooter (Velocifero) here gets plenty of usage. If you love kayaking, fishing, boat (most john boats) rowing and paddle boarding - this is definitely a place for you to go. You can rent paddle boats and kayak in 2 areas near The Woodlands Lake. 

We have so many hiking trails out here too and they are worth checking. 
If you love shopping and dining, this place offers plenty of them. The township offers FREE ride on the Trolley or you can just drive or ride the bike. No bike? No problem! They now offer "Mobike Bike Sharing Program" where they let you rent Mobike using your phone and then just drop them of in the designated areas.

If you have kids going to school, I know the school have high rates BUT if I have to compare it to schools up in Raleigh, NC I think some of the schools here are not as great as they claiming when I read the reviews on line before we move here. I am still bummed that science and math (specially STEM/Robotics subjects are not as great as I hope they are (this is just based on my experience from my son). Some school are outdated and I sure wish that they will focus more on making sure the students are getting amazing lessons for subjects that I know is much needed in our times now.

Also, driving here is NUTS! It's been 3 years and I am still adjusting from people in the road. There are so many who text and drive and only few uses turn signals. It is very frustrating at times and you have to always remind yourself that "you will get used to it some how!" I also hate that some school crossings or park crossings some cars don't really yield even though it is a State Law to do so. 

The beach is not as great as the Carolinas but we can drive 2 hours to go to Matagorda Beach or a little further the Mustang Beach and they are a little bit nicer than the Galveston Beach.

Anyway, those are just few of my concerns when we moved here. Other than that, this place is truly one of a kind. Houston is just 30 minutes drive and the other big cities like Austin, San Antonio and Dallas are 2-4 hours drive from here.

Now, The Woodlands Texas is the place we call HOME!

It's almost 10pm and my little ones need to go to bed so this momma needs to stop typing lol.

Thanks for being here.

Remember Life Is Short. Explore. Dream. Discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment